24 September 2014

Fall Has Arrived


Fall has officially arrived.

And it seems that, here in North Carolina, as soon as the calendar said it was fall, Mother Nature agreed and brought in the cool fall weather. I'm sure not every day will feel this cool -- but as I write this {9/23 @ 12pm} its a breezy 60 degrees outside. The sun is trying to peek out from behind the clouds, but the bugs and humidity are no where in sight! Two days ago, I was laying on the beach in a bathing suit, the sun beating down and the breeze a nice break from the otherwise 85 degree temperatures. And yet today, I had to put on a long sleeved shirt to keep the wind from giving me a chill. Fall came ... and came suddenly!

But with this cooler weather comes boot and sweater season. Apples and pumpkins. Burning candles in the kitchen. Hay rides and Friday nights on the football field. It means that running the oven warms up the house, and warms our insides, too. Soups and stews and chili all sound so good right about now! In fact, I just made chicken and white bean chili last night for dinner.

Fall ranks in the top two of my favorite seasons, by far! And easily, is the one that I could enjoy all aspects of year round!

What about you?! -- What are you looking forward to now that Fall has arrived!?

2 comments:

  1. I am so jealous of your weather!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never thought that I'd be upset about missing fall. It just seems to be getting hotter and hotter here. I kinda hope that after this we get sent somewhere with seasons, so that we can do the apple picking and pumpkin patches.

    ReplyDelete