16 April 2014

Currently ...



Currently, we are:


Craving iced coffee! Granted, I may only drink decaf, but lately, every time I drive to town I find myself wanting to pull through the closest Starbucks. I've been able to resist a few times, but my goodness! It's just so good!

Fixing the Suburban. Already! Not exactly what we planned, but as I've told M a few times already, you kind of have to expect little things to go wrong when you buy a used vehicle, especially when you get such a big vehicle for little money. Right now, we're working on repairing the front end: ball joints, wheel barrings and a new radiator.

Hoping for a phone call from the State sometime this week. The rumor is that the prison M was working at before is going to open up a position that would give him a five day a week schedule, which is something we all miss a great deal around here. I don't want to get my hopes up too high, but my fingers are crossed!

Meeting new friends at MOPS. Both the kids and I have met a few new faces at our past couple of meetings, and there are big hopes to get together for play dates over the summer. Unfortunately, we are also having to say goodbye to a couple friends. One of S's buddies is leaving next month, and another little girl is moving over the summer. Three friends in less than three months: this is definitely something new for our kids. They never had to deal with it when we were active duty.

Playing lots of play-doh. I've never really loved the stuff {as a Mom, anyways} -- it gets crumbly and makes a mess, smears into the table, drops on the floor ... and I tend to get a little agitated when colors get mixed, which is bound to happen with little ones. But, I can't deny them the pleasure anymore -- especially after seeing how much they love to sit down and play with it. Especially L. He could sit at the table for hours and roll dough out, squish it back together and do it all over again.

Practicing collecting as many Easter Eggs as our baskets will hold. The kids are getting excited the closer it gets to this weekend, and have been seen a few times running around the house with baskets, hiding and finding their own eggs.

Reading lots of library books. Usually when M is working, we incorporate a library visit into our weekend, and the last time we were there, we picked up over 20 books that we had never read. Some new and some old favorites of mine when I was a kid {Rainbow Fish, anyone?!} Not only are the kids loving it, but I'm enjoying having different stories to read at bedtime, instead of the same ones over and over and over and over ...

Recovering from all our hospital visits recently. S is feeling much better the past day or two, and although she still has to finish her round of antibiotics, she's eating better, drinking more, and starting to act like her silly self again. And M is back to normal, as well. He went to the ER last week with the worst migraine he's ever had, half his head feeling numb and throbbing. Thankfully, the CT scan came back fine, so they gave him three shots to subside the pain and sent him home. Two days later he was finally feeling like himself again.

Waiting to pick strawberries! I love this time of year in North Carolina. The berries are red and sweet and fresh! We have plans to go with some friends in the next couple of weeks and I plan on picking as many as our bucket can hold. Between eating them plain, mixing them with plain yogurt and granola, or making homemade shortcake, we'll be enjoying some delicious local strawberries soon!


2 comments:

  1. Fingers crossed that M can get that position!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never really liked Play-Doh much either. But I let the kids play as much as they want with it - out on the porch. They love playing outside, and the Play-Doh doesn't make a mess in my house. It's a win-win!

    ReplyDelete