06 September 2013

Funny Little Quips





Honestly, I never know what's going to come out of this kid's mouth. Sometimes its sweet, other times sassy, and almost always comes out of nowhere. 



"Daddy, can I play with your yo-yo?"
"No."
"Mommy ... he said NO!" 
"No means No, kiddo."
"Daddy ... you aren't supposed to say NOOOO!" 



"Daddy ... look. The paint all came off."

"Good. About time."
"Look ... you're just going to have to get over it!" 



A little sad -- but insight into the mind of a 3 year old: 

"Why is Grandma sick?"
"That's what happens sometimes when people get old honey."
"Is she dead?"
"No ... not yet. Someday, she will go to heaven, though. We'll miss her, but it will be okay."
"Will there be another one?"
"Another what, honey?"
"Will there be another person with Grampie? Who's going to do the cooking?" 



"Jesus would like that. I was nice. Jesus likes it when we are nice and share."
"He would -- you are right. And I like it, too, when you are a nice big sister." 
"Okay, L. I was nice. NOW GIVE IT BACK!" 

2 comments:

  1. She is too much!! Hahaha!! I think we might have twins that were separated at birth..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the things that come out of children's mouths. Especially when they're a little TOO honest! lol.

    Also, I nominated you for a Liebster award! You can read about it on my blog at http://www.domesticatedcombatboots.com/2013/09/the-liebster-award.html .

    I hope you participate!! I'd love to read your answers to my questions!!!

    ReplyDelete