23 March 2013

Campfire Potatoes



Earlier this week, the weather was gorgeous.

The kids were outside playing, and it was prime time for some grilling. I had the perfect meal in mind: Maple Chipotle Grilled chicken and some Campfire Potatoes.

Unfortunately, my husband informed me that he had yet to swap gas tanks ... and didn't think he had enough gas to last the 45 minutes or so that the potatoes required.

I'm sensing a trend here lately -- I go to cook something, and somehow, he manages to get in the way. Two cooks in the kitchen, folks ... that's all I'm going to say! [Hunny ... I really do love you, if you are reading this. But really -- get the tank filled yesterday. Thanks!!]

Anyways, I managed to save the day and cook the potatoes in the oven, even though it did heat the house up [and I was trying to just deal with it and avoid turning on the central air!]. And they still came out tasting just like I remember.

Here's the quick and easy recipe so you can try them out:

You Need:

- 5 medium potatotes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 6 TBSP butter
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 TBSP minced fresh parsley
- 1 TBSP worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup chicken broth

The How-To:

1. Place the potatoes and onion on a large piece of heavy duty aluminum foil; dot with butter.
2. Combine the cheese, parsley, worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper; sprinkle over potatoes.
3. Fold foil up around potatoes and add broth.
4. Tightly seal the edges of foil.
5. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 35-40 minutes or until potatoes are tender


That's it. Pretty easy. You could use a handy-dandy mandolin to slice your potatoes, if you are the type of person who wants everything to be the same thickness. Personally ... I hate washing that darn thing, so I just used a knife. Nothing about my house is perfect ... so why start with perfect potatoes?! And even in the oven they came out pretty good -- although at 350, I had to cook them a little longer than the time for the grill.

1 comments:

  1. Those look great! I will have to try these next time we are camping or just grilling out! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete