26 June 2010

Cabin Fever

I had every intention of going out and checking out a few yard sales today. And a few different consignment stores. Somedays, you just never know what goods you might find. And there are a LOT of them in our area.

I'm looking for a few things in particular:

- milk glass
- a cute butter dish
- a full-length mirror
- a cake stand
- denim shorts for the devil pup
- a baby gate

However, Daddy had class at the college today for his EMT course. We've been using his truck a lot lately, so the carseat was in there. When he left, I heard him originally start up the truck -- I called him to remind him that he needed to take my Jeep.

But I wasn't thinking clearly at that point. My truck key was in the front seat of the Jeep. His truck key was in his hand, along with his spare Jeep key.

He took both keys to class with him. From 8-5 today. An hour away.

Safe to say, we never left the house. We made the best of it, napped a little bit, did a lot of cooking, and neatend up the house. But next time, I'll plan ahead the night before and make sure I have both of MY keys!

0 comments:

Post a Comment