11 April 2010

A Challenge

Daddy Devil Dog knows that Ive wanted to finish losing my baby weight, but just haven't taken the initiative.

Five months post-partum, and Im still 8 pounds away from my pre-baby weight. Not a huge deal ... but its not where I want to be, either. Actually ... I really dont want to be at my pre-weight, either. So Daddy Devil Dog gave me a challenge ... and a chance for a "reward".

I want to lose a total of 24 pounds to get to my goal weight.

He said once I lose the first 10 pounds, he would buy me a gift of my choice. And once I finish losing the weight, he'll buy me another present.

I feel bad ... and its a little sad to admit that it took my husband baiting me with gifts for me to finally buckle down and lose all this weight. But I guess sometimes, you need that extra bit of motivation ... that extra kick in the ass to get things done.

And if a present is my kick in the ass, well ... then so be it!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE it! I had my last baby 7mths ago and I am having my husband buy me a tummy tuck and a boob job! No kidding either! But then again, I've given him the best gift ever, 4 healthy beautiful babies!

    Congrats on your weight loss! That is awesome, keep it up!!!!! What are you having him buy you?

    I am now a follower. I have a deployment blog to my Marine, you should check it out, "Goodnight moon!".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amber -- I figured Id start out small. Ive been dying to finish buying the seasons of JAG on DVD and have only gotten to season 6. I told him after 10 pounds, I want at least season 7 ... if not a few more. Maybe when I hit my goal weight I'll ask for that DSLR Ive always wanted!!!

    ReplyDelete