08 December 2014

Looking Forward To: December


December is always a good month. Its full of festive activities, lots of family time, cooler weather {which I could pass on, really} and plenty of happy moments. I know I say it a lot, but really, its  crazy that December is here already ... and not just here, but really flying by, itself. I remember as a kid, the first half of the school year just couldn't go by quick enough as I waited for Christmas vacation. Time to sleep, watch tv all day and relax with new Christmas presents and friends. Now, in the blink of an eye, December comes and goes, and the new year is upon us. A part of growing up, I suppose -- everything seems to pass quicker now.

We already have had a few fun moments this month, including mine and S's trip to see the Nutcracker over the weekend. She was in heaven watching all the bigger girls dancing on pointe shoes, and dreaming of being there herself, someday. What else are we looking forward to this December?

- checking out the Christmas lights
- night time trolley rides down town
- caroling with our MOPS friends
- the kids' Christmas performance at Church
- S's Christmas dance program
- time together with family in Cary
- plenty of play dates
- some winter-time outdoor smores at Jingle in the Park
- seeing Santa

What about you? Any holiday festivities you are looking forward to checking out this year? ANy traditions you can't go a year without celebrating!?

3 comments:

  1. December is one of my favorite months! Louisiana is full of fun Christmas events.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see the lights! he houses on our street are AMAZING! I'm looking forward to venturing out to the rest of the neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm ready to go home for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete