30 October 2014

Painting Our Pumpkins ... Finally








I'll admit - I procrastinated a bit this month. Not that I wanted to ... it just sort of happened that way. As much as I had wanted to take the kids to a pumpkin patch and enjoy the whole ordeal, we just didn't make it. So over the weekend, we finally got around to heading to Walmart, of all places, to pick out a pumpkin for each of the kids to paint. There were probably 5 left in the bin ... and they had them marked down to less than $4 each, regardless of how much each of them weighed. Of course, S picked out the biggest one they had, so I had to practically climb in the bin to get it out - and the fact that it had no stem didn't help matters. L picked a good sized one, as well ... and we came home to soak up the sunshine, and spread some paint on our gourds.

The kids loved it, I loved watching them, and we didn't have to spend an entire paycheck on gas to get somewhere, the food and ridiculously priced pumpkins. Not saying we won't get to a patch next year, but at least for now, I'll call it a win in my book!

2 comments:

  1. They look like they are having the best time! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That things is half her size!!! We still have one to paint that we might get to tomorrow..

    ReplyDelete