31 July 2014

Foodie Pen Pal: July 2014

Over the past few months, I had seen a box swap floating around the blogging world that sounded right up my alley -- Foodie Pen Pals. Over the last month or so, I've been trying my best to limit some of the sweets I bring into the house, and have been starting to change some of my eating habits in order to lead a healthier life. So what better way to discover some new healthier treats, right?!

The Lean Green Bean

This month was my first month, and I was partnered with Yasmeen from New Jersey! As a fellow sweet-tooth-er who was trying to eat healthier, we both seemed to understand what it was that we were looking for -- ways to still enjoy that sweet treat, without having to sacrifice our health! 

She sent me a great package! 



Out of the whole box, I had honestly never tried three of the items, which really excited me! And my kids got pretty excited when they saw the bag of gummy treats laying on the sideboard, as well. And that sauce?! Its butternut squash sauce -- it's the only item I have yet to try, but cannot wait to cook up some whole wheat pasta and toss it with this healthier sauce! 

Yum! 

2 comments: