26 February 2014

This Cold Weather is For the Birds




Only one day of the weather back to our "normal" for this time of year, and the kids are right back to sleeping horribly. All weekend, and most of last week, we spent all afternoon outside. The kids ran around, soaked up the fresh air, and got out plenty of energy. By bedtime at 730pm, they were more than ready to climb in bed and fall asleep. There was no fussing. I didn't have to make 100 trips into their rooms to put them back in bed, stop them from crying out, or retrieve animals or objects that fell out of reach. It was just quiet. And by the time my alarm went off the next morning, I was waking up realizing that I slept through the night, for the most part. I don't remember the last time that's happened, more than one fluke night at a time. Yesterday, though? The temps were back down in the mid 50's. The sun was out, but the wind was cold, so outside play was kept to a minimum. I tried -- I sat out while the kids ran around for about a half hour ... but this Mom clearly has been away from New England for too long. Because even in layers, I just couldn't take it anymore, so we came in. And last night at bedtime? Both kids were crying ... together ... fighting routine with every ounce of their being. If that alone doesn't make me want spring weather, I don't know what would!

2 comments:

  1. I agree! We got a cold snap here as well, it is not enjoyable at all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It 3 degrees right now in Boston. :(

    ReplyDelete