17 June 2013

5 for Five

Another day, another dollar, right?!

It may be Monday morning ... but when you are a stay at home mom, sometimes the days all just run together. No day feels any different from the previous one. Unless, of course, you follow a strict schedule. Which we usually don't. The only thing we did/do on certain days is our grocery shopping ... and guess what!? Thanks to the Government furlough, that is going to be changing soon. Which means our grocery day will get bumped from Tuesday to Wednesday for the summer, and through September.

Since our budget is set, and I'd rather not have to increase it just to shop at the local Food Lion {whose prices are CRAZYYYY!} we'll just change to shopping Wednesdays, and instead finally be free to hit up story time at the base library!

Hooray for change!


FantasticallyAverage

Last week's goals were: 

1. Organize my cookbook shelves in the kitchen and decorate - I still need to put some things on top of the bookshelf, and I have a few summery/4th of July festive decorations I can pull out that aren't breakable. Since L has loved playing in that corner of the kitchen lately. And pulling down all the cookbooks.
2. Plant my counter-top garden 
3. Sign up at the Gym 
4. Read 20 minutes a day - Seriously, I thought this would happen this week, finally. My plan was/is to read while doing a cooldown on the stationary bike. But this week, all we did at the gym was pump out a few killer elliptical/tread climber workouts and do maybe 10 minutes of a bike cooldown. So no reading was done. Next week? Its ON!
5. Order my Dad's Father's Day gift, and make our gift for M. 

3/5 -- a pretty good week, I would say! Here's to keeping up the momentum. Granted, there is still some room for improvement, but really, if I kept doing a full 5/5 each week ... everything would get done and there wouldn't be stuff for the next week. We don't want that to happen, do we?! /sarcasm!

Onto this week's goals:

1. Decorate my cookbook bookshelf & the shelf over the island cart
2. Read 20 minutes a day
3. Get in 4 good cardio workouts and 4 cooldowns so I can add in weights next week
4. Mail out my June CaraBox
5. Call my parents on their anniversary and show them L's two newest words [Mimi and Papa] 

What are your goals this week? And remember to head over and link up with Jessica and Jenn!


0 comments:

Post a Comment