06 May 2013

5 for Five

Whew -- what a whirlwind week!

The husband and I had a wonderful time on our cruise -- and did and saw a lot of things that we wouldn't have done or seen otherwise. This "honeymoon" was 5 years in the making -- and well worth the wait!

Now we're just looking forward to the next time we get a REAL vacation like this. [It will probably be another five years, knowing us!!]


FantasticallyAverage


Last week's Cruise Edition goals were:


1. Eat Our Meals in Peace! 
2. Stay Up Late. Wake Up Early. Sleep Through the Night!
3. See At Least One Show on the Boat. 
4. Work Up The Nerve to Go Down The Water Slide.
5. Walk on the Beach in Each of the Ports We Stop At. 

5/5 -- but really, these were fun goals to accomplish! So I looked forward to getting all of these crossed off! This week, it's time to get back in the swing of things. So here are my goals for this week:

1. Wash all of our laundry. A week away means a week's worth of laundry. I know my parents did some laundry, mainly the kids stuff, while they were here. But there are bedsheets to be washed. All of our trip laundry, and some towels, too.

2. Cook all of our meals at home. It's going to feel good to get back in the kitchen. I haven't had a real home cooked meal, that *I* prepared myself, in over a week. It was a nice break, but back to the grind.

3. Take the kids to a park to play. I know they are happy to see Mom and Dad -- and I want to do some fun things with them. Debden Park or the one just down the road. Either way. And I'd love to take them out to get some shaved ice, or some ice cream, on a warmer evening, this week, too.

4. Find a dentist and make an appointment for myself. I chipped a tooth awhile back, but we had no financial means to get it looked at, and with our trip coming, I just kept putting things off. Now that we are back, no excuses. It needs to be looked at -- which means finding a new dentist. Gosh, I hate that profession!

5. Get the House Back to Normal. So many things got moved around to accommodate an extra bed ... so I am looking forward to making my house my own again this week!

What are your goals this week? And remember to head over and link up with Jessica and Jenn!

0 comments:

Post a Comment