14 April 2013

Why Cant Bathing Suit Shopping Be Easy?!

Now that the weather is getting warmer, bathing suits are popping up everywhere!

I love to look at all the cute little suits ... and remember the days that I could easily wear any of them that I wanted. You know -- the adorable little two-piece suits, the bandeau and halter tops, short shorts,  any color under the sun.

And then I come to my senses.

I've had two children.

And have had a hard time losing all the weight from my last pregnancy. Both pregnancies really -- I always seem to get within 10 or so pounds of my pre-pregnancy weight, and then put weight back on. It's a constant struggle.

But with the cruise coming up, I've needed to find some cute, somewhat flattering bathing suits that are slightly modest.

Do you know how hard of a time I had, when trying to stay within a certain budget!? Ugh. I looked everywhere. I get that some people spend all their time at the beach, and probably get their money's worth out of a $100 swimsuit. But right now, I'm just not one of those people. So to drop that kind of money on a couple suits seemed crazy!!

Boy was I happy when I found a few cute suits on Old Navy!





Only to receive them and see that the orange one? Fit so incredibly weird!!

Why don't they carry the same suits in-store?! Ugh, so frustrating. So I returned that one and was once again set to looking around.

I managed to find another suit that I liked at Target Online, and just ordered it. Hopefully, there are no fit issues on this one, otherwise, time will really be running short!



Am I the only one who has a hard time shopping for bathing suits?! Where do you all find your cute suits at, modest or not?

Hopefully by this time next year, the hunt won't be as hard!!

3 comments:

  1. I love that orange suit from Old Navy! Super cute. :) I need to find a new one but I keep putting it off haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every once in awhile I get lucky with a mail order swimsuit, but usually I have to try them on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always been a cheapie when it comes to swimsuits. And I've always had to try on suits in the store. I'm really long waisted, so regular one pieces normally don't work on me. I did splurge this year and I spent more than I ever have on a swimsuit. The dang thing better last! ;)

    ReplyDelete