12 February 2013

To the Dentist, We Shall Go

Two in one day?! Who would have thought.

Its definitely not the way I envisioned our day going, that's for sure.

Today started off okay -- the kids slept good, woke up happy, ate breakfast and were ready to go to town and run our errands. L. fell asleep in the car on the way to get groceries on base, so I drove around base housing for a few minutes to get him a little bit of a nap.

All of a sudden, he wakes up crying. I looked at him, to see if he was just dreaming and going to close his eyes and go back to sleep. Only, he didn't. Then I noticed that he was pushing something around in his mouth, something white. And finally it came out.

I was able to stop the car and reach back to fish it out of his mouth ... to find that it was the tooth we have been worried about.

His tooth literally cracked in half, and the bottom fell out of his mouth!

Not even a month after the Pediatrician checks it out, and says it feels solid and she just wants to see what could cause the discoloration, and it FALLS OUT!

Of course, now I have super Mommy guilt!

Was it something I did or didn't do? Did I feed him something maybe I shouldn't have? Did he fall at some point, messing it up, and I failed to notice? What if I HAD gotten him to a dentist a month ago? Even a week ago? What if I hadn't let him nap in the car today -- would it still have happened?

I've been beating myself up all day, now.

I spent lunchtime playing phone roulette with a bunch of people: the ped's office, Base Dental, Tricare, and back to the Peds. Took him in to be seen by the Pediatrician, and now we are getting ready to head to a Dentist in town to see if there is anything they can do, need to do, or what have you, for this tooth.

My poor little man. If its not one thing, its another! And if the rest of this week is going to go as rough as the first two days have, Im ready for NEXT Monday, when M. is home from work.

0 comments:

Post a Comment