24 October 2014

Weekly Wind-Down










Friday has arrived!! Although -- this week really flew by around here. It seems like it was just Monday, and now here we are, at the end of the week, getting ready for those two relaxing days at the end! I'm not sure what we really have planned for this weekend -- we never really plan things out -- but that's okay. It just means that when we do get to do something, we appreciate it that much more.

This week was a good one, for the most part. We had two days of preschool. S brought home a couple of the cutest worksheets that they did, writing their names and coloring pumpkins. She had great days, and cannot wait for her fall festival next week. We had our second MOPS meeting of the month and enjoyed fellowship with other Moms {and kids}. The message about forgiveness, both giving and receiving it, was very enlightening. Ballet class went well, and S's cartwheels are coming along a little better. She still cannot get all the way over ... but her form is getting much better. It's a start!

On the down side, I dealt with an infection in my mouth, which lead to needing a root canal. My face swelled up, from my mouth and cheeks all the way up to my nose and eye. I still look like I have a bit of a black eye, but the puffiness has gone down and things are healing up. On top of that, we've had some issues with the kids trying to boycott dinner, and some minor attitude issues. Nothing out of the norm for a 2 and 4 year old, though. Some days, it just drives me crazier than others.

L is getting smarter -- and funnier -- every day, too. This week, at the store, he saw the blow up Halloween displays, pointed to the witch and said, "I'm going to turn you into a froooog!" For the rest of the day, he kept calling me a witch, and trying to put spells on me. Clearly, he's been enjoying the festive books we've been reading this month. Arthur's Halloween is his current favorite -- as I've been reading it at least two or three times a day!

Another week behind us, and another week closer to Christmas {and the new year}! 
What was your highlight?! 

2 comments:

  1. Ouch! I am so glad the puffiness has gone down. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no!! I've had an infection in my mouth before and had to get the tooth extracted!!!! Thank goodness they were able to salvage it!!! The puffiness should go down soon!!!!! And I can't believe you mentioned Christmas and NEW YEAR already!!!! STOP IT WOMAN!

    ReplyDelete