19 June 2014

Currently ...



Anticipating all the fun things we have coming up -- 4th of July, play dates, and a summer trip to Maine to see family. The kids can't wait ... and neither can I!

Climbing all the ladders/steps around the house. L, especially. If he can't reach something, or its up on a higher surface, he will find a way to get what he wants.

Collecting all things coconut-smelling. I am in love with the beach-y vibe that coconut seems to bring, and last week bought up a bunch of lotion and body wash in all scents coconut-y and beach-y at Bath and Body Works during the semi-annual sale.

Eating garden veggies. So far, our friend's garden has only produced some zucchini. But yum, there is nothing like fresh and local food. I can't wait for tomatoes. Cucumbers. Peppers. Yum.

Feeling sweaty. Sorry -- but it's true. The humidity here has been unbelievable lately, and the second you step outside, you are wet and beading already. Doesn't stop us, though -- the kids and I have been outside every day.

Finding bird feathers in our yard. Not sure if a couple birds got in a fight, or just were molting or what ... but I found a bluejay feather on the front lawn the other day, and we've seen some other feathers around here lately, too. The kids think they are just so cool.

Learning colors {L}, how to count by 10s, without calling them "twenty-ten, thirty-ten, etc."{S} and how to make my own sun tea. I'm hoping to find a jar big enough to brew a whole bunch for everyone to try and (hopefully) enjoy!

Making lots and lots of art work. Seriously -- our refrigerator is covered! Everyday, when I get into the shower, the kids grab a stack full of paper and some crayons or colored pencils, and doodle and draw until I am done. They stick them on the fridge themselves, and tell me who they are all for, what they are, and that I can't take ANY of them down!

Reading lots and lots of books. L has been having me read "Block City" over and over and over again -- lately, he can't seem to get enough of it. That, and Curious George stories. S loves picking out tons of books at the library, and very rarely wants the same book twice. And me?! I've been reading lots! If you want to see what I'm currently thumbing the pages through, look up #mamadevilpupreads on Instagram and let me know what you've been reading and enjoying, too!

Wanting to be back at the beach. I can't wait to have that sand between my toes, that salty water on my skin, the breeze on my face. Only a few more weeks and we'll be back! Lately, that thought has been repetitive, I know ... but man! The longer I live in the south, the more I long for the beach!

1 comments:

  1. I love anything that smells like coconut! It's the best.

    ReplyDelete