29 April 2013

5 for Five

Welcome, Monday Morning!!

We got a lot done last week -- as we needed to. I will never, for the life of me, understand why I always wait until the last second to do things. Regardless of how much I try to plan ahead, it never works.

My parents flew in on Thursday to spend a day or so with us before we left for our trip -- the kids loved seeing them, and it was nice to get to visit, even if just for a short time.

We left for our cruise on Saturday -- and today, we should be pulling up to our first port stop in Grand Turk!

FantasticallyAverage


Here's how we did with last week's goals:

1. Mail out Love and Envelopes card. Clearly got that one taken care of -- and hopefully the birthday girl had a great day!

2. Head to the Health Food Store for a few items I need to can some pickles this week. We scheduled this juuuuussssst right, and were done at the Health Store just as the CSA pick up was ready at the farm. Hooray for lining up errands just right!

3. Finish all the laundry and pack what we will need EARLY IN THE WEEK. I had all of the colored laundry done by Tuesday, and finished up the whites on Wednesday. By Thursday, it was just popping in the sheets and towels

4. Make sure all my posts for while we are gone are drafted and scheduled. There will be something to read every day we are gone. I made sure I took care of everything. Hopefully it all goes off without a hitch!!

5. Buy the couple last minute items I need for the trip. My mom wanted to head to the store to get some snacks for the kids while I was still here, so she would know exactly what they like. So while we were there, I picked up the last few things I wanted/needed!!


5 out of 5? I will gladly* take it!! Granted, some of the goals seem quite easy ... but there were honestly days that I felt like a chicken running around with it's head cut off here. Especially when you throw in two cranky kids!

Now, onto this week's {Cruise Edition} goals:

1. Eat Our Meals in Peace! 
2. Stay Up Late. Wake Up Early. Sleep Through the Night!
3. See At Least One Show on the Boat. 
4. Work Up The Nerve to Go Down The Water Slide.
5. Walk on the Beach in Each of the Ports We Stop At. 

Simple, easy, but FUN goals -- that we wouldn't be able to do if we were back at home, and not on vacation. Seriously -- I cannot begin to tell you how excited I am for getting this week's goals completed!! We have 8 days to ourselves, sans kids. Which is a little bittersweet, but a long time coming. So hopefully, we can pull through this week and make some memories and really enjoy, without dwelling on our missing them too much!

And Lord KNOWS we'll go home and spoil them with all the things I am sure we will be buying them!!


What are your goals this week? And remember to head over and link up with Jessica and Jenn!

1 comments:

  1. Woo hoo! Great job on your goals! Hope you are enjoying beautiful weather. :)

    ReplyDelete