11 March 2013

5 for Five

Happy Monday, Everybody!

Last week, we made it through M.'s first week of his new position. And loved every minute of it. We finally got a chance to completely go by our schedule that I had created for us a few 5 for Five's ago, and it made our time seem so much more full. Monday we got a lot of cleaning done. Tuesday we ran and got groceries. Wednesday we made a trip to Walmart for a few things. Thursday was more cleaning and playing around the house. And Friday morning found us running a few errands and ultimately winding up at the Play Place so the kids could get out their energy.

More weeks like this and I'm going to wonder why people dread the work week starting on Monday!


FantasticallyAverage

Last week's goals:

1. Get everything for the sale finished!! Everything is on hangars or in bags. Over the weekend I printed all the tags and got them attached to the items for sale. So now its all just hanging on on the couch in my bedroom until Wednesday when I go drop everything off.

2. Call the Cable Company I didn't call. Something about phone confrontations makes me ... nervous? Or procrastinate? I dont know. Even though its not like I am calling them to complain about something. I am calling to get something done that *I* want done. But none the less. I need to do this.

3. Spray Paint our Easter Trees -- I changed my mind on this, at least for the time being. The trees just look so cute in their pastel shades on the mantel with the pastel eggs hanging off the branches. So maybe I'll spray them after Easter is over. Before they get packed away.

4. Finish Organizing the Top Shelf in the Pantry Nope -- this didn't get done, either. But I have a good excuse. I spent Thursday morning cleaning out the fridge instead. Like -- washing down the shelves. Throwing out stuff that was close to its expiration date. And lining the shelves with press and seal so I don't have to scrub, scrub, scrub anymore [for the most part!]

5.  Strip ALL the Towels Nope ... this didn't happen either. Although I did get most of our laundry washed. And folded. BY the end of the work week [Ha Ha Ha], and I washed and folded the towels, I did't exactly strip them. So they still get a little funky after getting wet. Going to try again this week.

One goal this week. Just 1. That's all I did. Granted, it was a bigger goal. Something that required work over the course of the entire week [and the weekend] to get done. Because I waited until the last minute once again. But still its done. And that's all that matters in my book.

Onto this week's goals. [A few repeats, too!]

1. Call the Cable Company. And Tricare. No getting around it. This needs to be done Monday Morning. I want that second box GONE. As for Tricare -- we need to switch our doctors. HUGE issue with our current one ... but I'll save that for another post.

2. Organize the top shelf in the pantry. I need to figure out what I have up there that needs to be sorted. What needs to go in baskets or bins. What is a stand-alone item. And head to Dollar Tree to get a few bins to put things in and neaten it up. And then maybe I'll stop buying chocolate bits because I want to bake -- since I probably have the equivalent of 2 full bags in there, a little left in this bag, and a little left in that.

3. Strip all the towels. I'm tired of the smell. They are great when they are fresh out of the laundry. But the minute you wrap up your wet hair to dry it, and then hang the towel up, it smells ... weird. Almost as if a wet dog is hanging out in your bathroom. Anyone else ever have this problem? Or am I the only one that doesnt buy new bath towels that often?

4. Menu plan for the week. I do this weekly, but there are a few things I need to remember to do with this week's menu. I need a good steak recipe/marinade/something for Thursday. If you lean a little on the perverted side, you probably know what man-loved "holiday" [according to the Urban Dictionary] March 14th is. If not, read it HERE. And I also want to find a salmon recipe that sounds like something I would be able to eat and enjoy. M. loves Salmon, and I'd like to make a treat for him for working so hard for us. And of course, I need to plan on the stuff for our corned beef dinner and make sure the commissary has the corned beef when I go. Sunday is St. Patricks Day, folks!

5. Get the kids outfitted for summer at the Consignment Sale. Since I'm a seller, I can shop early on Thursday.  S. needs some more dresses [since thats almost all she'll be wearing this summer]. Maybe a couple tshirts if I can find some cute ones. A pair of denim shorts or capris -- but only really one. And pajamas. L.? Well ... he needs some jersey shorts. Tshirts. Swim trunks. Pajamas. Pretty much everything. Which will be hard, because they don't often have a ton of good stuff for little boys. But I'll do my best looking, that's for sure!

What are your goals this week? And remember to head over and link up with Jessica and Jenn!

2 comments:

  1. I should start doing this!! I need to write down my goals or they don't happen!

    Ramblings of a Suburban Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wont lie ... even writing them down I dont always get things done. Ive been a slacker lately. I blame the kids! They tap my energy, definitely.

      Delete